Sarah Maggio • DO, FAOCD
Dr. Maggio is proud to be a Board-certified dermatologist. She completed her undergraduate degree with honors (magna cum laude) from the University of Dayton (Ohio). From there, she continued her medical education at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania), where she was proud to graduate at the top of her class. Dr. Maggio completed her internship at University Hospitals (Ohio), and she then did her dermatology residency in Ann Arbor, Michigan at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. She is also a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, the American Society for Mohs Surgery, and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Maggio provides a wide range of general and cosmetic dermatology services to patients of all ages, utilizing her strong academic background to ensure that patients receive best-practice care. Her special interests include: Mohs surgery, skin cancer screenings, and pediatric dermatology.
University of Dayton
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
University Hospitals Health System / Richmond Heights Hospital
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Livingston, MI
Presentations & Publications
- 2011 — Maggio S, Lidia Gonzalez MD, Daisy Blanco MD, Rafael Isa-Isa MD, An unusual case of zygomycosis: Rhinoconidiobolomycosis, Presented at Michigan Dermatology Society Meeting, March.
- 2010 — Maggio S, Altman D, Schapiro B, Cotton J, A Granulomatous Eruption in an Elderly Man, Presented at the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology Meeting, October.
- 2009 — Maggio S, Altman D, Cotton J, A Woman with Cobblestoning of the Palms, Presented at the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology Meeting, November.
- 2009 — MaggioS, Casse B, Stewart D, Altman D, Mais D, Schapiro B, Cotton J, Ramirez J, Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome: Two unusual cases with extracutaneous manifestations, Poster Presentation at the American Society of Dermatopathologists, October.
- 2009 — Maggio S, Altman D, Cotton J, A Women with Cobblestoning of the Palms, submitted to Archives centerfold July.
- 2009 — Maggio S, Altman D, Cotton J, A Woman with Cobblestoning of the Palms, Poster presentation at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Research Seminar, April.
- 2009 — Maggio S,Murakawa G, Schapiro B, Cotton J, Progressive nodular histiocytosis with histologic features similar to xanthogranuloma, Presented at the AAD gross and microscopic section, March.
- 2009 — Maggio S, Casse B, Stewart D, Mais D, Schapiro B, Cotton J, A Man with Bilateral Renal Tumors and Multiple Facial Papules, Presented at Michigan Dermatology Society Meeting, February.
- 2007 — Collaborated on a research project: Santo Domingo D, Maggio S, Hsia A, Smith M, Baron E. Solar radiation effects on skin of color. The results of the study were presented at the Annual Photomedicine meeting February 1, in Washington, DC.
- 2007 — Collaborated on a research project: Santo Domingo D, Maggio S, Hsia A, Smith M, Baron E, Simulated Solar UV-Induced Effects in African American Skin: Analysis of Alteration in CD1a+ Cells. It is accepted for oral presentation at the L’Oreal symposium on Ethnic Hair and Skin on November 9-11, in Miami, Florida.
- 2003 — Presented the design and development of a model physiology lab experiment and computer-enhanced device for undergraduate students learning the physiology of muscle contraction at the University of Dayton undergraduate research poster presentation in April.