Don Mehrabi • MD, FAAD
Dr. Mehrabi completed his undergraduate degree summa cum laude from Kent State University, and he then graduated in the top 10 percent of his medical school class at Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. He went on to complete an internship in preliminary internal medicine at Emory University and then did a three-year dermatology residency at Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Mehrabi has his Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery Subspecialty Certification from the American Board of Dermatology.
Dr. Mehrabi is a recognized leader in the dermatology profession in the Los Angeles area and he has regularly been named one of the Top Doctors by LA Magazine and other publications. He brings a passion for excellence and a kind and compassionate attitude to all of his patients. His patients regularly remark on what an excellent listener he is and that he consistently strives to answer any questions that they may have in an easy to understand manner.
Dr. Mehrabi provides outstanding care in all areas of dermatology, including medical dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, surgical dermatology, and laser dermatology. He is particularly interested in: acne/Accutane treatment/acne scars, difficult rashes, fillers, skin cancer, and Mohs surgery.
Kent State University
Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Best of Glendale Award 2021
- Top Dermatologist 2021 by California Magazine
- Best of Beverly Hills 2020 by Best of Beverly Hills Award Program
- Top Doctors 2020 by LA Magazine
- Top Dermatologist 2019/2020 by California Magazine Top Doctors
- Top Doctors 2019 by LA Magazine
- Top Doctor in Beverly Hills 2018 by International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Top Doctor of Beverly Hills 2017 by Castle Connolly
- Top Doctors 2017 by Pasadena Magazine
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 – Top 1% – by American Registry
- Top 3 Dermatologists in Glendale 2016 by ThreeBestRated.com
- America’s Top Dermatologists 2016 by Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Top Doctors 2016 by Pasadena Magazine
- Southern California Super Doctor 2015 by Los Angeles Magazine
- Vitals Top 10 Doctor Award 2014 by Vitals.com
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award 2013 by Vitals.com
- Southern California Rising Stars 2013 by Los Angeles Magazine
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award 2012 by Vitals.com
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award 2011 by Vitals.com
- Patient’s Choice Award 2011 by Vitals.com
- Best Dermatologist in Glendale 2011 by the Glendale News-Press
- Best Dermatologist in Glendale 2010 by the Glendale News-Press
Presentations & Publications
- 2018 — Mehrabi D. Second Primary Melanomas: Increased Risk and Decreased Time to Presentation in Patients Exposed to Tanning Beds. Practice Update website. Web reference available here. Accessed November 09, 2018
- 2018 — Mehrabi D. Using Smooth Forceps for Assisting Incision and Drainage of an Infected Epidermoid Cyst. Practice Update website. Web reference available here. Accessed July 12, 2018
- [-] — Mehrabi D. Topical Immunomodulators for Vitiligo. Dermquest.com Thought Leader Commentary. Web reference available here.
- 2006 — Mehrabi D, Cruz PD Jr. Educational conferences in dermatology residency programs. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Sep;55(3):523-4.
- 2006 — Mehrabi D, Pandya AG. A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial comparing narrowband UV-B Plus 0.1% tacrolimus ointment with narrowband UV-B plus placebo in the treatment of generalized vitiligo. Arch Dermatol. 2006 Jul;142(7):927-9.
- 2006 — Germanas JP, Mehrabi D, Carder KR. Palisaded neutrophilic granulomatous dermatitis in a 12-year-old girl with systemic lupus erythematosus. Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Aug;55(2 Suppl):S60-2.
- 2005 — Mehrabi D, Cruz Jr, P. To be or not to be: A survey of national residency programs and the residency application process. UTSW Med Ctr, Dallas, Texas, 2003. Presented at the Dermatology Teachers Exchange Group meeting at the AAD, March, 2003. Presented as a poster at Texas Dermatological Society, May 2005.
- 2005 — Mehrabi D, Cruz Jr., PD. What works and what’s new in educational conferences in dermatology residency programs? UTSW Med Ctr, Dallas, Texas, 2004. Presented at the Dermatology Teachers Exchange Group meeting at the AAD, February, 2004. First place award at Texas Dermatological Society for resident poster presentation, May 2005.
- 2003 — Franco-Paredes C, Guarner J, Mehrabi D, McCall C, del Rio C. Clinical and pathological recognition of leprosy. Am J Med. 2003 Feb 15;114(3):246-7.
- 2002 — Franco-Paredes C, Mehrabi D, Calle Cano J, Jurado R. Night sweats revisited. Infect Dis Clin Pract 2002;11(5):291-3.
- 2002 — Mehrabi D, DiCarlo JB, Soon SL, McCall CO. Advances in the management of psoriasis: monoclonal antibody therapies. Int J Dermatol. 2002 Dec;41(12):827-35.
- 2002 — Mehrabi D, Leonhardt JM, Brodell RT. Removal of keratinous and pilar cysts with the punch incision technique: analysis of surgical outcomes. Dermatol Surg. 2002 Aug;28(8):673-7.
- 2002 — Mehrabi D, Brodell RT. Use of the alexandrite laser for treatment of seborrheic keratoses. Dermatol Surg. 2002 May;28(5):437-9.
- 2002 — Balkrishnan R, Hall MA, Mehrabi D, Chen GJ, Feldman SR, Fleischer AB Jr. Capitation payment, length of visit, and preventive services: evidence from a national sample of outpatient physicians. Am J Manag Care. 2002 Apr;8(4):332-40.
- 2001 — Mehrabi D, Thomas JE, Selim MA, Prose NS. Waxy keratoses of childhood in a segmental distribution. Pediatr Dermatol. 2001 Sep-Oct;18(5):415-6.
- 2000 — Mehrabi D, Brodell RT. Underlying causes of erythema nodosum. Lesions may provide clue to systemic disease. Postgrad Med. 2000 Nov;108(6):147-9.
- 1999 — Rhode R, Mehrabi D, Ziran B. Severe Intra-articular Type C2 and C3 Distal Femur Fractures Treated with 90-90 Double plating via an Anterior Approach. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1999. Abstract presented and posted here.