- Schedule appointments 2-3 times weekly with at least 48 hours between sessions.
- The XTRAC laser works best for areas of vitiligo on the face, neck, and upper chest.
- Hands, feet, fingers, and toes typically do not respond as well as other areas of the body to UVB phototherapy.
- Repigmentation of treated areas may take 30 or more treatment sessions depending on individual response to UVB light.
- Moderate skin tenderness (similar to a mild sunburn) lasting 24-72 hours indicates a good therapeutic response to the XTRAC laser treatment.
- Once repigmentation of treated areas is achieved, results may be permanent.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- Blistering is a normal side effect of XTRAC therapy and may occur on treated areas.
- Hyperpigmentation (tan spots) may develop and will fade over time once therapy is complete.
- Skin should be clean and dry when you arrive for your appointment.
- Do not apply creams, lotions or medications.
- Review all areas of vitiligo with the clinician.
- Review all side effects of prior treatments with the clinician.
- Wear protective eyewear provided by the XTRAC clinician.
- Schedule next appointment before leaving the office.
- Treat your skin as you usually would and apply any medications, creams, lotions, etc. freely.
- Keep treated areas free from excessive sun exposure between treatment sessions.
- Pay attention to any skin tenderness on treated areas and take note of how long it lasts.
- Inform your physician if you start a new medication or make changes to your current medications.