- Schedule appointments twice weekly with at least 48 hours between sessions.
- Moderate skin tenderness (similar to a mild sunburn) lasting 24-72 hours indicates a good therapeutic response to the XTRAC laser treatment.
- On average, patients notice improvement between 6-10 sessions and clearance between 10-20 sessions.Plaques on hands, feet, and scalp usually take more treatments to resolve.
- Clearance rates will vary as each individual will react differently to UVB light.
- Average remission rates for XTRAC laser therapy range from 3-6 months.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- Blistering is a normal side effect of XTRAC therapy and often leads to faster clearance.
- Hyperpigmentation (tan spots) may develop and will fade over time once therapy is complete.
- Skin should be clean and dry when you arrive for your appointment.
- Do not apply any lotions, creams, or medications.
- Review all areas of psoriasis with the clinician.
- Review all side effects of prior treatments with the clinician.
- Wear protective eyewear provided by the XTRAC clinician.
- Schedule next appointment before leaving the office.
- Treat your skin as you usually would and apply any medications, creams, lotions, etc. freely.
- Do not stop your current medications unless instructed by your physician.
- Keep treated areas free from excessive sun exposure between treatment sessions.
- Pay attention to any skin tenderness on treated areas and take note of how long it lasts.
- Inform your physician if you start a new medication or make changes to your current medications.