Pre CO2 Laser Care Instructions
Congratulations on preparing for your CO2 laser treatment! Here are the pre-treatment instructions to make sure that you have the best possible treatment with the least risk of complications.
At the time of your consult, you should have received the following prescriptions:
• Valtrex (Valacyclovir) or Acyclovir tablets
• Hydroquinone cream
• Topical numbing cream
Prior to your treatment date
• Avoid sun exposure for 3 weeks prior to your treatment date, and wear sunscreen SPF 30 or higher daily.
• Start the Hydroquinone cream twice daily two weeks prior to your treatment date.
• Start your Valtrex or Acyclovir tablets 3 days before your treatment date.
• Avoid all topical creams and medications for 3 days prior to your treatment date.
On your treatment date
• Bring someone to drive you home when you come to the office. You may be receiving Valium during the procedure and it may not be safe for you to drive after your procedure.
• Apply the topical numbing cream in a thick white layer one hour prior to coming to the office
• Buy a large amount of Vaseline or Aquaphor for your post-treatment care. You can also purchase topical moisturizers at the office
• Alert us immediately if you had been exposed to sun, had a tan recently, or had a sunburn recently.
See you at your appointment!
Return to Education Center