Thank you for scheduling your Dermapen microneedling treatment. For your safety and in order to obtain optimum results please follow instructions below:
• Do not use Retin-A (or retinoids or similar vitamin A compounds) or other harsh/exfoliating products for 48 hours before treatment.
• Avoid sun exposure for 48 hours prior to treatment. No tanning or prolonged sun exposure for 2 weeks before treatment.
• If an active or extreme breakout occurs, please contact our office to reschedule, as Dermapen cannot be performed over active acne lesions.
• Please inform provider if you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters so that we may give you a prescription to prevent an outbreak after your treatment.
What to Expect During Your Treatment:
• Please arrive to the office with a clean face. Avoid make-up, moisturizer, and sunscreen on day of treatment.
• If you would like numbing cream, please arrive 30 minutes early and inform the front desk.
• Expect slight pressure, stinging, and itching during procedure.
• After your procedure, your skin in the treated areas will appear red as if you have a sunburn. Skin may also feel tight and warm. These symptoms should resolve within 24 hours.
Post Treatment Instructions:
• Wash face with gentle cleanser (ie. MMD soothing cleanser, cetaphil, aveeno, or cerave) before bed on the night of your treatment and apply topical Hylauronic Acid Serum.
• You should wash your face twice daily and continue to apply Hylauronic Acid Serum twice daily for 7 days after your treatment.
• You may resume your normal skin care regimen 7 days after your treatment.
• For 48 hours after your treatment you should AVOID:
• Sun Exposure/Tanning
• Intense Cardio/Exercise
• Fillers (ie. Juvederm, Restylane) or Botox/Dysport
• Tattooing of the treated area
• Irritating topical creams such as Retin-A, Hydroquinone, or chemical-based sunscreen
• Hot showers/Sauna
• Spray tanning
• Swimming in pool/jacuzzi/ocean